The Hiller Companies Fire Protection – Your Source for Professional NFPA Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance
At The Hiller Companies, we offer thorough inspection, testing, and maintenance for all your fire protection systems according to NFPA standards and local codes such as NFPA 10, NFPA 25, NFPA 72, and much more. Our NICET-certified and factory-trained technicians have decades of experience servicing systems from every major manufacturer.
Contact Hiller Fire today to schedule reliable NFPA testing and maintenance.
Trust us for all your fire and life safety testing needs, including:
Fire Sprinkler Testing and Inspection (NFPA 25)
- Five Year and Annual testing, quarterly inspections, main drain tests, pipe inspections, fire pump tests, and more
- Meeting NFPA 25 Requirements
- Our NICET-certified technicians conduct complete inspection, testing, and maintenance of your fire sprinkler systems as required by NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. Key activities include:
- Annual inspection of all system components – sprinklers, piping, hangers, seismic braces, valves, etc. Check for leaks, damage, corrosion, obstructions, freezing, and foreign material.
- Main drain testing on an annual basis depending on system type. Tests alarm mechanisms and water supply.
- Annual trip testing of all dry pipe, preaction, and deluge valves. Confirms proper operation.
- Periodic full flow testing
- Annual testing of all waterflow devices, supervisory signals, and alarms. Verifies proper function.
- Regular tests of fire pumps per NFPA 25 and NFPA 20. Includes monthly churn tests and annual full flow tests.
- Internal inspection of piping every 5 years (where possible) to identify scaling, corrosion, or biological growth.
- We thoroughly document all testing results and can assist with needed repairs that are identified. Our expertise ensures your fire sprinklers will operate properly when needed. Contact us today to schedule expert NFPA 25 fire sprinkler testing and maintenance.
Fire Alarm System Testing (NFPA 72)
- Meeting NFPA 72 Requirements
- Our factory-trained technicians provide complete inspection, testing, and maintenance services for your fire alarm systems as required by NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code. Key testing and inspections include:
- Annual inspection and testing of all initiation devices – smoke detectors, heat detectors, manual pull stations, waterflow switches, tamper switches, etc. This validates proper operation.
- Annual testing of all notification appliances – horns, strobes, chimes, speakers. Checks for proper function, synchronization, and audibility.
- Annual function test of the fire alarm control panel, standby battery, and trouble signals. Confirms proper operation.
- Semi-annual inspection and testing of emergency communication systems – speakers, paging microphones.
- Monthly and annual testing of all monitoring connections to central stations or remote supervising stations.
- testing and inspection of two-way radio communication enhancement systems.
- We document all testing and can assist with repairing, upgrading, or replacing components that fail inspection. Our technicians are NICET certified in fire alarm system installation and maintenance. We stay current on all NFPA 72 testing requirements and have years of experience servicing fire alarm systems from all major manufacturers. Contact us today to schedule your NFPA 72 inspection and testing!
- Annual alarm, notification, communication, and control panel testing
Fire Extinguisher Inspections (NFPA 10)
- Meeting NFPA 10 Requirements
- Our expert technicians provide complete fire extinguisher inspection services to meet the requirements of NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers. Key elements of our inspections include:
- Annual visual inspection of all extinguishers to check for damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzles. Verify tamper seals are intact.
- Monthly quick check of extinguishers to confirm they are in designated locations and have proper pressure.
- Periodic thorough examinations involving a complete physical inspection of extinguisher components. Conducted every 5, 6, or 12 years based on extinguisher type.
- Annual weight inspections of CO2 extinguishers to verify full charge.
- Six year maintenance involving discharging and recharging extinguishers as required by extinguisher type.
- Hydrostatic testing of extinguisher cylinders at intervals between 5 to 12 years.
- We provide inspection tags with date and initials for each inspected extinguisher. Our technicians are certified in the inspection, maintenance, and recharging of all fire extinguisher types. We maintain replacement stock to swap out any deficient extinguishers immediately. Contact us today to schedule your expert NFPA 10 fire extinguisher inspections!
- Annual certification, 6-year internal maintenance and 12 year hydrostatic testing
- New extinguisher sales
Additional Fire Inspections and Testing:
Fire Damper Testing (NFPA 80 & 105)
- Annual fire damper inspection, testing, and repairs
Kitchen Hood Suppression Test & Inspection (NFPA 17A and 96)
- Semi-annual and annual testing of hood suppression systems
Suppression (NFPA 12, 17, 2001)
- Semi-annual and annual testing of wet, dry, preaction, CO2 systems, clean agent
Emergency Lighting Testing (NFPA 101)
- Monthly and annual emergency and exit light testing
Smoke Control System Testing (NFPA 92)
- Annual smoke management system testing
We also perform testing and inspection for clean agent suppression systems, fire doors, smoke barriers, fire pumps, backflows, and more.